October 7, 2011

Poetry: I Am

This blog is about the spiritual journey, specifically my spiritual journey. And I have been traveling through some wild and high ground lately. At a recent training, Tom Cowan , shamanic author and teacher, mentioned a spiritual discipline of writing nine lines of poetry per day. The suggestion stirred my interest, and I find that Spirit is leading me back to writing poems. Poetry is sparse, yet full of personal implications and mythic images. It is a useful medium for writing about the things that are hard to write about. It helps the soul to breathe at the high altitudes. So I will be offering some poems here for awhile. Here is the first.


I Am

You burn.
You dance and you burn in the wind that blows across the sea.
You excite me and gather me and entice me.


We are here.
We are here.

We are here and here and here
flowing into and out from each other.
Breaking the seals of the fate that we believed in, once.

Living into the fire of I Am.


 © 2011 Merry Stanford

No comments: